Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Sweetening the Studio

I bought this laminated fabric at a 'new' quilt shop, it is out of the way for me but we were in town....so we stopped!  I am so glad we did!  I joined the Shop Hop for the Row by Row quilts and will get out more to collect patterns!  I had fun figuring out how to construct this tote so it would be functional and neat at the same time  I did us bias tape to cover the seams in the screen area so it wouldn't be scratchy .   
I lined it, too, so that made it interesting to figure out the construction but I got it done with only one major ooops!  I will use it on Friday when we have a big family outing....more later! 
It was raining today when Bill had planned to paint some more outdoor furniture for me so we chose a plan B.  My studio light/fan fixture had died so he removed the remains!  He did have a bit of a handicap because he had to work around Goliath!  (my quilting frame!
I have tried my hand at a bi of different for me knitting.  I saw this pattern on Craftsy and decided to try.  I was a bit surprised at the size, it is bigger than I expected (10") but it is cuddly and soft and I hope cute and lovely to a little girl. I sewed the face on while I helped Bill.
 He put up the new light/fan and it is so quiet and pretty!  We laugh because he buys these at a place called Dan's Fan City and that just gives us a smile!  Our house is filled with them!
I am giving the pattern a re-do and doing it my way this time!  (I do this with almost every pattern-the first time I try to do it their way and then I tweak it on the subsequent projects!)  I am NOT knitting it flat and seaming it.  I am knitting in the round.  I am ready for the stuffing and once I get the hat done, I think I have a few more ideas to try before I hand it over to my test toddlers on Friday!  It is a good knit so far!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to read that again. You MADE that bag with laminated quilting fabric? It is amazing. I have more colorful words in mind but I'll keep it PG. It's absolutely wonderful, professional looking.

    The doll is cute and I like how you are going to redo it in the round according to your own methods. I am with you though, the first time, I really need to understand the construction of it, then in hindsight I can think, oh I can do it this way, or I'd prefer it like this...

    You guys are so productive at your home. Plan B. How is Plan B not just to loaf about on the couch like it is at mine? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the doll, love the bag (really? You made that?). I couldn't live without my ceiling fans. They run 24/7 to move this hot old humid air around so we can breathe. Even the AC is no match for this humidity. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun bag fabric! The doll is very cute; love the vintage feel to it. Fun to do something out of the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Dan's Fan City lol! Love that bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

READY FOR THE FRAME FINALLY!

At quilting group yesterday, I managed to get the borders seen on and all pressed!  Now to wait for its turn on the frame!  I am feeling beh...