Friday, April 8, 2016

Stitches...

I sat for one night without any knitting and it drove me crazy.  When I dug through the stash , I found this pattern from PurlBee with the yarn.  Somehow I had overlooked it.  Perfect challenge. 
The small square quilt is off the frame.  I used a new Accuquilt die to cut these blocks out, still in rainbow colors as a packet, and just an experiment to see how the beige just toned down all the colors. 
I also made the panto for this using the book Add a Line Quilting.  They show you some great designs you combine for a good pantograph.  It takes a bit of work to get the size right but it is good mental work and I enjoyed it. 
 And I liked doing the actual quilting, too! 
You can see the design better on the back perhaps.
And since one quilt came off the frame, the last little project for my neighbor gets loaded on for quilting;  this is a little wall hanging for their camper!
(Yes, I ironed it after I loaded it on the frame, these things happen!)

5 comments:

  1. What is your new knitting project? It's not in your usual colors, so now I'm curious!

    Great quilt progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've given me quilting fever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh the map for the camper is adorable ! reminds me of the cool quilts we had in a Colorado cabin the late 90s.
    Each cabin's quilt had a theme. One was route 66. That's beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooooooooo...the pink and white looks SO pretty! What is it going to be?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...