Saturday, August 19, 2017

ATTENTION PAID!

I enjoyed several hours in the studio today!
Not only did I accomplish a bunch of pile sorting and finishing up, 
but I tried a new pattern and turned it into a skirt.
Unfortunately, I was sidetracked by the sizing-
why do our sewing patterns have to be so different 
from the off-the-rack sizing numbers?!!!    
According to their directions, the skirt only overlapped a little bit-
I am not the slit up to the thigh kind of girl, 
so I cut the LONG skirt I had planned to make 
and made it a knee length one 
so that I could have a proper overlap-the whole front!
Now to figure out how to wash it because of the long ties!
I also modified the Sawtooth star block 
and made the center a whole piece
 so the fabric was more evident-I like the results!
And in the evening, I finished knitting another mosaic stitch 
basket weave dishcloth!  A satisfying day!

6 comments:

  1. You are a finishing machine! Lovely skirt. LOVE the dishcloth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all projects. Try washing the skirt in a pillowcase - just fold over the top safety pin several times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing day! I don't know how you did it. Especially the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on sizing.. I'm normally a 16-18 in the stores, but I have to do a 22-24 in sewing patterns!

    I like that saw-tooth star.. I'll keep that in mind for my next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt! I used to be a big fan until one day I noticed I didn't have a middle anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You skirt is just perfect, the right amount of coverage and the perfect thing to wear in Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...