Thursday, June 1, 2023

PUTTING IT TOGETHER

I said my goodbyes yesterday;  it seems I anticipate the visit for so long and then it goes by in the blink of an eye! 
 We sure did pile a lot into the 5 days, though!
I dug into the task of adding binding to the QOV. 
 It was like wrestling a bear but I did it!
All ready to be turned in next quilting group meeting.
I think this has been the best kit I've ever done--a real beauty every step of the way!  (it's from Moda!)
Then I did the binding on the little Fractured four-patch. 
 Done is good!
I added the last four blocks to the design wall of churn dashes and then cut the sashing.  I only completed one row but it looks good to me!  It's good to be busy after you have said goodbyes!
 

4 comments:

  1. Goodbyes are so hard. It is nice to keep busy. You've got some beauties there. I love those churn dash blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you wrestling all that fabric. The QOV turned out beautifully. Hopefully, you'll get to see family again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodbyes are difficult. Great job finishing the two quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so hard to say good-bye. I do know how hard that is. We're excited to be seeing our Montana grandkids and son in just a couple of weeks.
    Your quilts are beautiful. They will make a veteran very proud to have one and the churn dash blocks are so colorful and happy.
    Hope your Friday is a great one.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...