Wednesday, June 14, 2023

PLAYING WITH PIECES

The Steam Punk quilt is not only bound but is also washed and dried!  This one is for me--
here is one of my favorite blocks...
and here is another!  The quilt ended up being 40 x 52"--just right for somthing to throw on my lap so Lena will curl up on my lap! lol
I pulled out someFQ's and some yardage to crank out some pieces to make a new quilt.
After I had cut out a few blocks, a thought poked its way through my mind and I realized it wasn't the blocks I wanted to do but by then I was committed so I stuck with it!  There will be 12 blocks at least in total.  It might be hard to tell but it is a FQ pack of indigo prints with a mottled beige for the opposing fabric.  Only the top left block has been pieced, the rest are just on the design wall.  

I will be piecing some more but first I have a dr appt and then we will be installing the 2 shelves!
 

7 comments:

  1. Indigo and neutral…what’s not to love about that color combination?! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish! Lap quilts are so fun to make. Instant gratification. I love the batiks on the new one. They make such an interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that steam punk quilt too. Steam punk is such an interesting concept isn't it? The new quilt is going to be so pretty. I really like the colors together.
    Hope the doctor goes well and the shelves go up easy.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That steampunk quilt is awesome! I think MY favorite block might be the one with the top hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Google won't let me sign in, Chriskntis here, Seems I have been very awol from blog reading. Oh my have you gotten so much done! And all of it just wonderful. Love the QofV!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Bill and I are celebrating our 48th anniversary today!   We are going to lunch at Corky Bell's on the St Johns River. I decided to work ...