Tuesday, June 6, 2023

H2H 2023 CHALLENGE

 

Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict hosts a quilts-for-charity challenge each year and this year I made a determined effort to take part!  I made three quilts for charity in the Mar-June participation time. These quilts went to the Putnam County Sherrif's Dept for the officers to have on hand (in their trunks!) for an accident or for a domestic violence call to comfort a child.
This was a kit called Presto Change-O;  42" x 52"
This one is called Mini-Petals that I made from a couple of charm squares.  42" x 56"
This quilt used the same pattern as Presto Change-O but I will call it Fractured Four-Patch when it has my own fabrics like this one! 
This is what the emergency love bag looks like.  As a group,
 we packaged up 10 so far and more will soon follow!

The nice part of a challenge like this is that is starts something good and keeps on going!
Keep donating quilts!

(I'm excited because I just found a contact to receive quilts for kids in a local orphanage, though they don't call it that anymore!)
 


5 comments:

  1. Great outlet for your projects! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this before but couldn't find a local contact in Spokane. I'm glad that you've found someone to give your quilts to. What a worthy cause. Children who are in need. The most innocent of all. Thank you for your giving heart Cindy.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! It's always a good feeling to know a project is going for a good cause. I've made a couple of things for some charities a long while ago but I work too slow to make any meaningful contributions anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For children who have nothing, these kits mean everything! Bless you and your group.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...