Friday, June 9, 2023

ASSEMBLING THE PIECES

I had a lab appt yesterday at noon which really broke up the day!  Of course, it requires fasting so I had to distract myself from the lack of breakfast! lol  I mad a beanie-it is the same both sides. The blood draw went smoothly, once I was called in which was way past my appointment time!
I am so glad I had my plans written up from when I made the other shelves in January(?!) for our church kitchen..  It didn't take too long to figure out what I had written and what I needed to do.
After a few hours, I had the pieces all cut for the to inner frames and the actual shelf that will be visible. Today, I will glue and screw all of these pieces together!  It felt good to be working with wood again.  I find much satisfaction building with wood.
 

3 comments:

  1. Your woodworking skills always amaze me. I enjoy working with wood too but only as The Mister's sidekick. The power tools scare me to death. I'm the type that would definitely lose a finger or two. I made a cake yesterday and forgot it in the oven while I played with the loom. Thank goodness it was in my new little oven because it cut off after 30 minutes and didn't set the place on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the best things with wood, (and yarn, and cloth, and paint)! Your skills amaze me. Glad the blood draw went well and I hope you feasted afterward.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat! Nice work on the shelves; you sure can do lots of different crafts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Bill and I are celebrating our 48th anniversary today!   We are going to lunch at Corky Bell's on the St Johns River. I decided to work ...