Thursday, June 29, 2023

SHARK ATTACK

It was time to finish the shark plaque!  I covered my work space, gatheredd all my supplies and began to pour resin!
Most of the pieces went down well--I did get a bit sticky but a package of wipes sure helps keep that from getting out of hand!  I then finished adding the resin around the design and let it self-level and flow down the sides, too.
You can't tell, but the wood is sitting up on spacers so that the resin won't harden onto the work surface. 
You can see the depth the resin gives to the paint and the riser underneath the wood in this photo. 
 I set a large plastic bin over the top and let it dry for 24 hours.
After drying I added a picture hanger on the back and will let it dry  for another 5 days before I ship it out to my oldest grandson! Some crafts that I try I think, "There, I've done that!" but this one is not the last of the shark teeth art work!

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative! Wherever did you find all those cool shark-like rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! I've been watching videos of people pouring resin and it's just so cool what you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! THey look like sharks teeth!!! thats amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Bill and I are celebrating our 48th anniversary today!   We are going to lunch at Corky Bell's on the St Johns River. I decided to work ...