Saturday, June 24, 2023

A NEW TUMBLE

I've bought a smaller,less expensive tumber to make  faux sea glass!  Watch the horizen for a new craft in a future post!
I put some of the sea glass I have found on the beach but the edges weren't quite rounded enough.  The same way I load the barrel with grit, this is loaded but instead of 4-6 weeks,
 this only requires 4 days!
I will also try breaking some of the collected  glass  to tumble so that I can round out my glass palette!
It is a cute little tumbler and fits right on the shelf above my rock tumbler;  both are pretty quiet which is much appreciated!  I hope to have some results from both batches to share on Tuesday!
 

7 comments:

  1. I love sea glass. My mom used to pick it up in her daily beach walks and always had a bowl of it that I like to play with. It's somehow a very soothing substance to have in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I have a lovely necklace pendant made from green sea glass, I should wear it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will be interesting to see the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved sea glass. I think you've found a new addiction haven't you? I can't wait to see it.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you could see the rock I found yesterday when the tide was out on the beach in Bellingham, WA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have a tumbler when I was a kid, it was fun to see the results - looking forward to seeing how the glass turns out! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

CELEBRATION TIME

The new table runner won over my attention  in the studio yesterday! Then we left for a late lunch for our favorite restaurant,  Corky Bell&...