Monday, June 26, 2023

A DAHLIA BUD

I cut out pieces for the Dahlia quilt but as it progressed, 
I wasn't happy with the first two colors.
I was looking through the stash for an orange and found this stripe of all the right colors for the middle!
Oh, yes, much more interesting for a center of this flower 
than all the same color!
I do have to go back to the store for a better color for the last row--a nice dark, dusty orange for the large template and maybe another row with the striped red/pink/white fabric!
I like this kind of gardening, too!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wowza! That's going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the right decision. The flower is gorgeous. Going to a fabric store could be dangerous. You may have a few extra fabrics hop into your basket when you're unaware. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

CELEBRATION TIME

The new table runner won over my attention  in the studio yesterday! Then we left for a late lunch for our favorite restaurant,  Corky Bell&...