Saturday, June 10, 2023

WOOD, FABRIC AND YARN

The shelves and their inner frames are all glued, screwed or nailed together.  I will tackle the sanding and finishing today. 
I was given some 'crafts' and in the box was some fabric to cover tope to make a placemat-that didn't interest me but I enjoyed using the precut strips to make some blocks.  I still have one fabric to sew to the top and bottom of the blocks and it will be ready to square up.  I will combine it with some fabric from the stash to make some more blocks for a kind of I-Spy quilt.
This evening while we had a bit of rain with a bigger T-storm, I enjoyed some garter knitting.  It is a nice pattern to use gradated skeins or to use up scraps with their instructions! 
 I will be trying another one today!

3 comments:

  1. I would love some rain. After all those smokey days the hot sun is not a welcome sight today. The whole area needs a good drenching to wash all that ash off. We may get some storms tomorrow. Here's hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the shelves, the blocks and the dishcloth. You get so much done. We had a 75% chance of thunderstorms and rain all day today. So far none and they've lowered it to 15%. We sure could use it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cool washcloth. I'll have to give that pattern a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Bill and I are celebrating our 48th anniversary today!   We are going to lunch at Corky Bell's on the St Johns River. I decided to work ...