Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Travelling Day


Ahhhh, home....I am always excited to head out on a trip and always so grateful to arrive home again. Held Tommy, my cat, for half of the 8 hour trip and the rest I finally got to do some knitting. This is going to be the first pair of socks from the Favorite Socks book by Interweave Press which was the catalyst for starting the blog-I also joined their KAL (a knit along online group). For this pair of socks I dyed the wool, a superwash from Halcyon Yarn, and spun it on my Ashford Joy spinning wheel. It is now going to be a full sock version of the Padded Footlets from the book-the best thing about working with your hands is the individual touch you can add to a design!

1 comment:

  1. There's just something right about a rocking chair, a cat, and some knitting!

    Great job on your post -- complete with hyperlinks and everything -- you are moving very quickly up the learning curve! The old dog may grumble about the new tricks, but she does fine once she agrees to learn them!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...