I started a new sock this morning-it sure felt good to have a pair of socks on the needles again!
(This is the yarn I bought at the LYS by Marsel and Abigail's home. It is nylon and acrylic but has a nice soft feel; like cotton. It passes the knit test and I will let you know how it wears in a few weeks!)
I finished the wind mill quilt and got it off the frame. Watch how Sissy's face changes when I take another picture....
....she looks disgusted with me! I do enjoy my kitties!
I might have finished the quilting but now I have started the binding and need to get that on to count the quilt as truly finished!
The ruffly scarf is done and ready to be wrapped up and put in the gift pile!
I have started and finished the first bobbin of pima cotton sliver--stage one done before plying the two bobbins together for it to become yarn!
I will be turning the heel on the sock tonight-the yarn is dk weight so it works up quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
That yarn is pretty. Will it have an identical twin or will you be happy with fraternal?
ReplyDeleteSissy probably doesn't want to give up that quilt as a sleeping place:) I started another sock yesterday evening, and I'm disgusted with myself, because several are ufo's, but I couldn't resist a gorgeous colourway:( the sock yarn trap, full of pitfalls for the knitter with weak yarn resistance:)
ReplyDeleteHow did you get Sissy to look so alert and happy in that first picture?
ReplyDeletePretty socks. With the winter coming, we need pretty colors.
Kitties are so fun! As always you have created a lovely quilt!
ReplyDelete