Saturday, February 28, 2015

Spinning and Sewing

It was so relaxing to ply the Shetland I have been spinning lately.   It is such a nice fiber to work with because it feels good in your hands and turns out such a nice stable yarn when you are done!
                                 
 The dyeing I did gave it just the subtlety I was hoping for.
 I now have a nice skein of fingering weight yarn for a shawl!  (320 yards)
 Isn't it just the right ripe Avocado color to knit into an accessory?!
 I also made the second dragonfly for my table runner.  It definitely went better with the second one but they are time consuming.   Yes, I ran out of the background fabric but blended the plain blue in the second block.
I rewarded myself with some incentive from the M & M's-they have the crispy ones back on the shelves!  (  I printed the second block with the 'fit' mode instead of the 'actual size' mode and it is slightly smaller then the first one!  Note to self-check out the pattern pieces before you begin sewing with them!!!!)  I will be able to hide the discrepancy in the seam allowance after a bit of strategic trimming!  I have been doing this long enough to know how to cover such minor problems!

4 comments:

  1. The Shetland is glorious! I can't wait to see the runner finished. How perfect will that be for a summer table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous yarn! And the dragonflies turned out great...they were a good challenge for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn looks great! The M&M's look great too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dragonflies look very nice (though too complicated for me:) - and I love the yarn! aubusson colours? happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...