Friday, October 11, 2024

MILTON LEFT A MESS

Power outages and no internet gave us a few days without being connected to the rest of the world! 
 The yard is a mess everywhere but there was no damage 
to our house for which we are grateful!  
The banana trees didn't fare as well, unfortunately!  
I did a bit of knitting on the smaller Sentro knitting machine 
using DK weight yarn.  I would think It will fit 6-12 month olds.
I also finished another pre-illness project, the crow wall plaque! 
I just needed to put the polyacrylic on to seal the painted wood 
so I could put the Cricut cut vinyl on as the finishing touch!
 
And a noble view of my companion, Lena.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the Milton mess...glad it wasn't any worse and glad you and your house are ok. The crow piece is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my...that's a shame. Poor banana trees.
    The crow plaque is prefect! Crows seem to be all the rage this year. I see them everywhere.
    Lena is a beautiful cat. She looks so much like my dear departed Hoover in that photo. I sure miss him. He was a really good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness no damage. My family in North Carolina are dealing with the aftermath of Helene. Was days before we were able to hear from them and thankfully they are okay. I love crows -- especially watching them -- they are so smart. Lena looks like a lovely companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little crow project. And Lena is gorgeous as ever. Glad to hear you made it out unscathed, though that's sad about the banana... I always loved that you could grow bananas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ONE DONE

Bill gave the socks a try on to see if it was high enough  for his taste and he said it was just right!   A photo for scale --my size 8 sock...