Wednesday, October 2, 2024

WELCOME TO OCTOBER!

I wanted to have this sign done before I had become sick but things don't always go according to our plans.  I had the letters cut out on the Cricut and the sign all cut out and painted.  Over the last few days, I have worked to measure and place the letters and to decorate the top of the sign.
I had hoped to finish it for yesterday, October 1st, but I didn't realize how much time I would have to be upright to accomplish that task!!!  Being upright means my heart races and my breath comes fast like I'm in labor. 

 I see the surgeon today and am looking forward to hearing what he has to say about my recovery. I think the easy part has been healing after the appendectomy, the septic shock recovery is what is messing with me.  If you are interested, here is a good overview of what septic shock is medically.

 

2 comments:

  1. What an inviting entry way!
    Septic shock is what did my mother in after her splenectomy. She was suffering from late stage leukemia at the time so it was that perfect storm that brought her down. I was just fussing at The Mister who was being quite cavalier about a cut on his hand that at our age little things can spiral out of control quickly. I hope you get the answers you need from your visit today. Your description of being upright reminds me of what daughter's been describing that several of her students are experiencing after having Covid. They've been diagnosed with POTS which it seems is quite common after the body undergoes a severe assault from a virus or an infection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping your doctor visit goes well and you get some answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WELCOME TO OCTOBER!

I wanted to have this sign done before I had become sick but things don't always go according to our plans.  I had the letters cut out o...