Saturday, October 11, 2008

Overnight at Cocoa Beach

We went to Cocoa Beach to visit our friends Tom and Becki while they were on vacation there. It wasn't long before the weather changed our plans to sit in the sun while the guys fished. Becki and I went back to their condo for knitting and a movie (Pride and Prejudice) while the guys toughed it out and fished until dark. (No, they didn't catch anything.) We enjoyed a late evening swim and hot tub dip when the rain passed and the air was warm, humid and very tropical. The company and conversation was great!

This morning, we enjoyed a walk on the beach; flew Becki's kite, searched for just the right shells for my knitted wall art and fed the birds. It was a shorter visit this year but wonderful just the same. How can a visit to the ocean be anything but wonderful especially when it is with some of your favorite people?!
I finished the handspun sweater for Abigail while watching the movie. I need just the right buttons now...........
.....and started a 'gator scarf for David out of some camoflauge yarn!
I have been trying to find a local place to find the McCain/Palin signs and came home to find one in my yard! Mom found one and brought it over for us-she and Dad have been catsitting for us while away. What a nice welcome home surprise! ( I am also glad to report that most of my neighbors have the same sign in their front yards , too!)

2 comments:

  1. I know two grandkids who will be thrilled with their new fashions!!! (No, they still don't know that their grandparents will be here in a few days...!)

    The trip looked wonderful, even if brief. Are those pigeons on the beach or just hard-to-see gulls?

    (I told Grandma she should have picked up an Obama sign for Dad. :)!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics - it's interesting to see other places! [sound familiar? LOL]

    That 'gator scarf looks even scarier than the last one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...