Monday, July 9, 2012

Cotton Yarn and Such

 Still spinning up a storm with the cotton.  It is nice to have it work out!
 Two more skeins of cotton yarn-210 yards this time.
 My shawl knitting hit a snag......I ran out of yarn-the specially dyed gradient yarn.  I knew I had some more roving somewhere and after much digging, I found it!  I spun it up and will dye it today so that it matches the shawl and then I can knit the border and have a voila moment!
 I also have the binding on the triangle batik quilt and need to hand sew it on the back.
Bill hooked up the tv in my sewing room!  Happiness is...........

3 comments:

  1. Ooo, no - running out of yarn isn't good. Just as well you are confident in your ability to dye up a good match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking great--you must feel good to have everything organized. Glad you are back on line--missed your blog. sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed. Cotton is hard to spin :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...