Monday, February 25, 2013

Visitors Part II


 Saturday morning was clean up and regroup mentally after saying goodbye to family. I decided to spin some of this month's FiberBinderClub hemp fiber.
 While it is a bit coarse compared to wool, it spun very nicely and I would love to make a woven mat from this for the table.
I remembered I had another ounce of this fiber somewhere and sure enough, found and spun that , too.  I am leaving this as singles and going to boil it to set the twist and see how it knits up.  I might have to ply this, too, but it is good to have ideas to try out!
In the afternoon, we had our next visitors from NY.  We took a drive up to Corky Bells for our dinner and our traditional picture on the dock!  They are official visitors now that they have this picture as record!  (The picture is wonky because of the sloped rails where I rest my camera for this timed snap shot!)  It is so nice to have old friends make the time to drop in for a few days.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! that hemp looks nice - and I am glad it's giving you ideas for a project. Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that hemp can be lovely or really ugly depending on the quality of the fibres! a bit like linen really... I tried to spin it damp (rolled in a damp cloth), which resulted in a much smoother yarn, but it tends to get much softer with usage! nice thing that you get so many fibres to try them out! have you tried ramie yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping busy is a good antidote to saying goodbye!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...