Friday, April 26, 2024

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just keep adding the borders one after another!
The set of towels are off the loom and hemmed and even washed and in the dryer!  I will trim threads and press it tomorrow for the final measurements and beauty shots!
Look at how pretty the blooms are
 as they tower over everything in the front yard!
But here is the piece de resistance----
a monarch butterfly chrysalis!!!!  
It is hanging in the pot of aloes 
and the greens match so perfectly I almost missed it!!!! 
 I think I will be putting it in a large jar to be able to see it hatch 
and not lose it to a passing turkey family  like last year!

7 comments:

  1. Nice finishes…and very cool chrysalis! It’s definitely worth chopping off an aloe leaf to protect and observe it! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finishes! I don't think I've ever seen a chrysalis out in the wild. That must be so cool to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome to find the chrysalis! They can be so hard to see sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to your baby butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful towels and the quilt is coming along so prettily. But a chrysalis! That's such a wondeful find. I hope you get photos of the emerging butterfly. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely top! And how fast you are on all your doings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you use for your towels? Sorry if I've missed this information before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

YOU NEVER KNOW

Out for a drive yesterday, we could see smoke off to our left and so decided to be adventurous and investigate.   Within minutes of our disc...