Tuesday, April 9, 2024

NO ECLIPSE HERE

We didn't have proper glasses to view the Eclipse but we sat with our backs to the sun and just enjoyed the hour together!  We didn't notice a whole lot of darkening and if I didn't know what was going on, I wouldn't have noticed any difference at all!
Now I did see a big difference on the MQAL; 
 it is off the quilting frame and has some binding 
which I will be sewing in place at quilting group today!  
 I also arranged all of the pieces from the layer cake to make a lap sized quilt and then thought if I make the blocks 4 x 5 then I can make two quilts out of the layer cake!  I will make up the first few rows and see how it sizes out before I commit to anything. 
Aside from the size--this kind of quilt is so hard for me--I like order-you know, regular pattern repeats, etc, of traditional blocks so this one is a real stretch for me! 
 I just kind of squinted and placed colors throughout the space! 
 And It still looks like abstract art to me! lol

6 comments:

  1. I like orderly, too, and usually am not a huge fan of the crazy quilt look, but this quilt is very pleasing to me! I think the mottled fabrics and the calming hues of the mid-tones make it work for me. Very pretty and can’t wait to see it together. -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest quilt "weight" in the world.

    We were in the 90% totality area and saw .................nothing! Clouds rolled in right when the eclipse started. As soon as it was over, the clouds went away. LOL Mother Nature is gonna do what she's gonna do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were in the 60% so could see it with glasses - but it didn't get as dark as the total places - fun to see tho - okay really it was fun to take and hour and sit outside haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did see the eclipse at 83% or so we're told. It was much like the one when we were in Washington in 2017. It got like dusk and the birds got very quiet.
    Your quilts are very pretty. I can't even imagine the work that goes into them. I finished another crocheted wheelchair blanket and started a new baby blanket last night.
    I hope your day is a wonderful one.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was amazed that with 90% coverage it was still so bright. I wouldn't have known it was happening either if I didn't know it was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random's an excellent way to place colors. Crazy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HST'S RULE

I needed a new piecing project so pulled out one I just bought  while on the Shop Hop! I read through my instructions and got the gist of th...