Tuesday, April 16, 2024

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and laundered and picked up and then spent the rest of the day in the studio!  I pieced the rest of the blocks from the layer cake
 and sorted them.
Today, I will be putting the borders on 
so they will be ready for the quilting queue!
I also tackled the 'glow in the dark' quilt.  I have the large pieces cut and ready to begin stitching and then cutting into units!
This pile of blocks which was given for me to make a kids' quilt got some attention.  It is mostly horses in the blocks but also a funny cow in each row!  It will be very cute!
 

5 comments:

  1. That kids quilt is going to be adorable.

    A day at home is perfect once in awhile. I love to go out, but I also love puttering around the house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those layer cake quilts are so fun! I've got a Kaffe Fassett layer cake here myself and no idea what to do with it. I've also got 3 of his pretty jelly rolls that need to be used. As soon as I clear up what I've got going on I really need to turn them into something fun. It's makes no sense that they are just gathering dust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day - doing just what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That kids quilt is going to be adorable. Love that cute cow! I love being home. I like it even better than traveling, although once we're on our way I enjoy it. But I could easily stay home for a few weeks without leaving.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've definitely got lots to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

HST'S RULE

I needed a new piecing project so pulled out one I just bought  while on the Shop Hop! I read through my instructions and got the gist of th...