Friday, April 5, 2024

WE HAVE WEAVING!

This was another super tip I learned from watching YouTube--to sley the reed by laying it horizontally instead of trying to work over it to grab threads from the back---much easier on every level!!
And in no time, I was weaving!  
This view includes the front few inches for hemming 
and then several repeats of the actual pattern. 
 I remember the joy of throwing the shuttle 
and dancing across the treadles with my feet!  
Delightful!
And the first 12" are woven and I am into the center 36" using a cream colored thread.  It's interesting to see how the different color makes a subtle variation!

5 comments:

  1. I can hear the joy in your words as you renew your weaving journey. How fun to revive an old skill. The cloth is a beautiful piece of work.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! That is a very pretty undulating twill pattern. You'll be done in no time which is always sad for me. Weaving is so fast while getting ready to weave seems to take forever. I'm only allowing myself 2 pattern repeats a day so I can " spread out the joy" before I have to start threading again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful weaving! I like to weave too and have made a few scarves and kitchen towels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can just feel your excitement!!! It is lovely, I can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

EPIDENDRUM

The view outside my studio patio doors--the very large area of epidendrum! In common flower vernacular, it is a ground orchid.   The slighte...