Friday, June 5, 2015

Bagged and Skeined

Abigail said she needed a project bag for her knitting, too.  I can take care of that.
She is currently liking pink and purple.  Stash is a wonderful thing to dive into when it yields just the right stuff. 
After I got the bag finished and in the package to Georgia, I pulled some yarn to dye because this caught my eye when I was looking for fabric.  I was given 5 skeins so I decided to do some over-dyeing since this washed out pumpkin just wasn't what I wanted. 
Into my designated crock pot I added some hot water, white vinegar and a teaspoon of dye and then my two skeins of yarn which I had wound into a loose skein so it would be better able to absorb the dye.  I turned it on high for an hour, then just left it to cool and completely exhaust the dye...several hours later I had some gorgeous yarn without any dye rinsing out of the yarn!  Yes! 
From melon to vine.......now this is a color to make me happy!  It just might be a pair of slippers!
(I even like the melon better now that it is next to the green!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I never thought of doing that. I am always lamenting the lack of good colors in the new Lopi line-my favorite go-to winter wool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fun project -- rather empowering! :)

    Abigail will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

La, La, La!

 Remember the pretty spinning wheel music box my sister-in-law gifted me while on my NY trip?    I took it apart to clean and oil it-ev...