I cut out 40 hexagons with the Accuquilt cutter and arranged them on the design wall, snapped a photo and then loaded them all up to go to quilting group!
I am having to sharpen my skills on Y seams; slower stitching but it is working out pretty well.
You can't tell n the photo but the yellow fabric is of bees and they have the blue fabric with the dandelions to fly toward!
I threw my scraps out-and when I got to quilting the 'ort' queen asked what I did with the scraps! Horrors! (She wants the bee fabric!)
She was pleased with the completed ort blocks all sewn into this little top.
At least this accomplishment helped soften the blow!
I also completed the bindings on all the little flannel quilts and they are in the donation pile.
And so is the little Sunburst Granny Square lap robe. I used up every little bit of the 4 skeins of these colors. Nice stash busting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...






Such colorful projects today. Love that the bees have some lovely flowers to fly towards.
ReplyDeleteYour granny square blanket is so pretty! Will THAT be a donation too?
Fantastic donations! You're doing a lot of stash busting.
ReplyDeleteSuper progress! Im all about the bees. I love the Sunburst lap robe.
ReplyDeleteI love hexies and to make a bee quilt with them is genius!!
ReplyDeleteYour quilting is so beautiful. I can handle squares, but hexagons scare me!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun variety of colors and textures in this post! Blue and yellow is a very cheerful combination and I love the play of the bees, dandelions, and honeycomb-ish piecing design!
ReplyDelete