Thursday, September 13, 2007

Big and Little




This is what I have been building lately-this pieced top will be a wall hanging. I used a computer printed image on fabric--completely different than anything I have tried before. It is very free form and it was hard not to be in the 'exact points match etc' mode but it was also very liberating!



The bed size quilt is not sewn together yet, I just finished piecing the blocks last night. It is a fat quarter kit that is beautiful Batiks and was easy to piece with dramatic results! Even DH says, "Wow!" I am also knitting up the blue wool into socks in the evening; I had many false starts with this pattern from the Favorite Socks Knit-a-long....it has been very good to stretch my comfort zone in knitting and quilting-change can be good when you are ready for it.........!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooo jealous!! I want that wall hanging! They are both beautiful, you are so gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A veritable feast of colors - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those quilts, especially the top one, yummmmmm. Gifted indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...