Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lemon Harvest


This is a post that hardly needs words-if only I could share the smell with you! This is the first lemon from our Ponderosa Lemon tree-it is the only one for this season but there are three more growing for next year-can't wait! (The lemon of this tree grow to be supersized-everything grew bigger on the Ponderosa ranch I guess....hence the name of this beauty.) I saved the slices to use for garnish but squeezed the rest of the lemon for juice; it yielded a pint of juice just squeezing by hand. We are going to have lemonade for dinner tonight! We'd love to have you stop in for a glass!


Bill and I also picked three Ruby Red Grapefruits from his tree-I normally don't like the sour fruit but I was pleasantly surprised by its sweetness-before I knew it, we had eaten the whole thing when I thought to take a picture, it was way too late. I will take a picture of one tomorrow just before we devour it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE lemonade and a glass of fresh-squeezed sounds wonderful...do you deliver?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had home-made lemonade - can you send some to Australia? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...