Monday, March 17, 2008

Pulsations Socks


I finally finished these socks that I started in February! The pattern is called Pulsations; it is from Amy King of Spunky Eclectic. If you remember, I received this fiber of Merino and Silk roving for my birthday (3 months ago); spun it fine in January and just haven't hurried with the knitting. I think I have been distracted with sewing and quilting activities-not just projects but with organizing things related to that genre. I am pleased with the weight and drape of the sock and hope it will wear well. I hope it will wear well because I have this pile....................

...........of socks with blown heels. I have in times past darned them but it isn't lovely to look at and it feels like there is a wool wad under your heel; so these sit in the bin and they wait for me or the moths. What do you do with your socks that lose their initial perfection? I am tempted to try and needle felt the holes with a bit of roving and a styrofoam ball-what is your guess as to the outcome?



Here is the treasure I found at a garden nursery at the Flea Market on Saturday; a Phalaenopsis Orchid. We already have a common orchid that is growing well outside requiring little care or attention and so I thought I would try my hand at this one-it is not supposed to be fussy either so we will see. It is easy to see why these are such favorites for it is a thing of beauty.



And lastly, we ate the last Ruby Red grapefruit for lunch today! It was as wow as the one we ate the other day-but this one I did manage to photograph before we enjoyed it-peeled and eaten just like an orange, it is so sweet, it requires no doctoring up with tons of sugar! Our little tree in the backyard has about a dozen buds on it for a promising new harvest.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to get my new socks...perhaps I will try walking on tiptoes so that the heels don't blow out on this pair...:)

    Can't wait to see all of your new stuff in person -- two more days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...