Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week in Review

 I have been at the quilting frame again-this is a baby quilt from Millie.
 The fabrics are cute and modern.
 I have made a few table runners trying out the triangle thing on striped fabric.  It almost works!
 I have organized the corduroy squares on the design wall so they are ready to piece.
 Bill has been renovating his zero turn mower pan.  He ground off all the rust and treated it with Ospho from Sherwin Williams.
Then painted it with industrial enamel.  Hopefully,  it will be good for another 5 years!
 As he waits for the paint to dry, Bill is continuing his work enlarging the pond.  You can see how little water is left-even tho we have had three rains this week (2/10's each time), we are so under-watered, it isn't making a dent in the pond's water level.
 I made a pair of socks for a friend battling breast cancer.  It has a hidden breast cancer ribbon until
you put them on and then you can see it!  (Thx for the yarn, Benita!)
I am up to the edging on the second Mysterious Summer Shawl from TheWholeNineYarns!
 The rain lilies are happy with the few afternoon rains we have enjoyed. 
 We have these planted all around the yard and they are all in bloom.
Bill's canna lilies are getting ready to bloom, too.  He has wanted this plant for a long time and he is going to get to see it bloom !  (The bloom stands at 4.5' right now!)

4 comments:

  1. As usual, lots of productivity at your little slice of paradise...nice.

    The flowers are gorgeous -- but the pond is more of a puddle and looks very pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you are keeping very busy - as usual!

    the pink socks with the Breasst Cancer motif are a great idea; I'm sure your friend will love them. MY dad had cancer and was always cold - even when he was having hot flushes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my dear are a busy lady! I love it all you just have such blessed hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look great! She will love them and I'm glad to share the yarn.

    I'd love to send you some of the rain we have had this year. Most days we have a chance for rain or thunderstorms - and most days we get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...