Saturday, June 11, 2011

National Knit in Public Day

 A few friends and I met in the Crescent City Library to share knitting with the public in honor of the day!
We had a great time troubleshooting on projects and learning new ones!  The library has invited us to have a knitting day every month!  It will be something we look forward to sharing with our little community!
 Bill had fun........he moved the shed from the just outside the pool area...... (can you say landscaping needed?!)
to over the well.  He will be building a lean-to roof off the side to house the water filtering system, too.  Gotta love the JD tractor-it is quite the workhorse!  I didn't think the tractor could do this!  "Ok, you were right, Bill!'  (But I am only saying it once!)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good knit-day!

    It looks great with the shed out of the pool-view -- hooray, Dad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney's big "Knit in Public Day" is next Saturday in but, since I will be attending an all-day workshop elsewhere, I won't be able to participate. However, I will knit on the train (as usual)on the way to work on Thursday!

    Glad you had a good time and it's great that the library has asked for it to become a monthly event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's nothing like a John Deere!!Unless it's a good sewing machine. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea to do knitting days in the library! I have to check if there's a "knit in public" day over here as well...
    not much knitting going on here just now - the sun came out and the garden is calling me (more like shouting:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a dull moment with you guys:) Congrats on the monthly library gig! Hope you create a few more knitting addicts...hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...