Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spinning in the Classroom

 A friend asked if I would be willing to demonstrate spinning and a bit of history to her classroom.
 I love to include a lot of hands on time with my 'facts' and the kids were great in their enthusiasm of both areas!
 I let the kids try to spin themselves and then they could appreciate how easy I made it look but they knew better!  They even laughed at how hard it was to coordinate feet and hands and motions........that was the point!
 Everyone was great about taking turns with the equipment and encouraging each other.
I had forgotten how much mental energy is expended with teaching but it was worth it!  It was a great day!  Thanks for the opportunity to share, Suzanne!

5 comments:

  1. Such fun! And the opportunity to introduce kids to something that works the hands, feet and brain is wonderful.

    BTW, I love your pocket with the spinning wheel on it. That is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is getting more use than anyone could have dreamed. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Bet the kids had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a great teacher -- I'm glad the kids got to enjoy that! Hopefully one or two future spinners were born...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lot of fun too. Love your costume - please tell me a little more about it.

    PS Were you a teacher in your past?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...