Tuesday, July 28, 2026

A DAY AT HOME

Every other morning there is a new flower blooming on the orchid!  I do love to have an orchid in my room!
My total yardage for the four skeins was just under 900 yards of superwash wool/nylon which I dyed. I'm thinking I will make a crocheted blanket since I have been enjoying that lately!  I still have 4 more skeins to add to the pile so I know I will have enough yarn for a blanket.  Or maybe I could knit some small mitered squares blanket--isn't it nice to have ideas?!

This pipe is where my 'lizard' lives--sticking his head out like a submarine periscope checking out the world. 
 I heard a flurry in the afternoon and she sat there for a bit 
but left empty handed, to my relief!  
I put out seeds for you so leave my lizard along, please!
 

7 comments:

  1. We gave C&M an orchid when Iris was born. A year later it started blooming on her birthday (12/12) and...believe it or not...it is still in bloom 7 months later!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an orchid on my kitchen window. Sadly, I don't have the space for orchids like I did in Orlando. I had around 75 there. Took only my favorites to Jacksonville. They all died within a week.

    I have one here and that will have to do for now. The only orchids you can find easily here are phals.

    Your phal looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarn. I'm sure you'll choose just the perfect project to showcase that yarn. Glad the bird didn't bother the lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a tree come down in a storm last week at the top of our driveway and the neighbor whose yard it was in was telling me that there was a snake living in a hole in a branch that was hanging over my mailbox. She enjoyed watching the snake go back and forth and was worried that a hawk might get it. I wonder where that poor snake is living now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deployed those little lizard guys. Not to take away from your friendship with one --- good for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, does your lizard have a name? Love the 9 Patch version. They are such fun to make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SLOWLY IT GROWS

 A few distractions have occurred;  I broke the needle and just as I overcame that irritation, I woke up with another blinding migraine.  Th...