Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Trip of Temperatures



We had an easier trip to Georgia this time-no traffic jams; just good conversation and a missed exit and a little side trip in the fast lane. Nothing a little detour couldn't cure! The weather here in FL was in the high 70's...the weather there was cold and then colder-I have NOT missed snow yet-the kids were excited but my body did not like the shiver-mode! There was a bit that collected on the ground but not a real driving issue. The guys took a trip to NC to Bruce's parents' home to pick up a china cabinet that matches Marsel's dining set. Marsel and I went to the Sewing & Quilting Expo! We had quite an inspiration of color and pattern and topped it off with a visit to a nearby JoAnn Fabrics store. This was to be an annual event but I missed last year so this was the second time we got to go and the show was a great Mother/Daughter day activity.

As for weather, while I was whining about the cold dash across the parking lot to the Quilt Show my NY family was enduring cold in a worse way-and...as my sister has taught me this winter, my whining about 'low temperatures' is all relative. They (central NY) got hammered with snow/ice and were without power for 2 days-I do not know a thing about a shiver-mode! I stand corrected little sister! Here are a few of the pics that the storm bestowed upon my parents home which is right next door to my lil sis's------>





National Grid and an electrician finally restored the power a broken pole and blown transformer removed. My parents were again tempted to go home early (last year their furnace quit and they had to go home early to take care of that!) but have left the repairs in my sister's and brother's capable hands and will stay with us until their usual departure day-phew!


We have sewing to do and projects to accomplish together, and........I am just not ready to say goodbye again so early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Speaking of sewing, Marsel and I made a dress for Abigail for Easter/her birthday which are the same day this year. It is so wonderful to sew a princess dress for the little princess herself-just wait 'til you see her in it! We also re-organized Marsel's sewing corner; I am telling you the organizing bug is contagious and I will gladly send it to you if you ask! Even her husband was pleased with the changes and he doesn't like change-"Wow!" was a great compliment from Bruce!


Perhaps my daughter will post pertinent pics.... http://www.mckeefamilynews.blogspot.com/


And finally , while we were getting flurries and my sister was getting snowed in, just an hour north from our FL home people were dealing with another kind of weather crisis-a tornado. Here are a few of the 'AFTER' pics we took while driving through today on our way home.



My parents said we just received a good, hard, windy rainstorm where we live, lot's of branches but not the damage that Lake City received. On a side note, my parents were out of power here for a few hours, too! How's it going? Do we take our 'electrical' lives for granted or what!

2 comments:

  1. Loved looking at the picture of Phoenix and your Mom's house-with all that snow as I sat here in Florida in 73 degree weather. Sharon Dix

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much happened here and everywhere during that one long weekend!

    Thanks again for the visit...it was wonderful.

    And yes, I have posted pictures of the dress and the sewing area!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...