Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FO's

FO's in the crafting world are finished objects......I have been going through my pile of started things and finishing them! It has been a very productive few days:


This is a wallhanging with the experiment in dyeing with shaving cream that Mom, Marsel and I did a few years ago. I finally put the blocks together and quilted it-

This one is at least 10 yrs old already! It was a class I took at Tri County Sewing in one of our Viking Clubs called Broderie Perse-cutting out and applying to fabric.


This wallhanging , too , was from a class at Viking Club for our embroidery machines.

This is a table runner I made a few months ago when Mom was still in FL with me. I finally added some quilting . This is for church but I borrowed it to finish it!

I finished the hand sewing while sitting in the yard yesterday afternoon and listening to a podcast on quilting. Very relaxing and even enjoyed a few visits from the cats.

Bill was having a good day on the project end of things, too! Here is a sumary of his day with the exclusion of tractor time (bush hogging).

Early morning began with work in the attic-he is going to add a ceiling fan with heat lamp to our bathroom but had to first insulate in the attic-there is very little up there and it becomes like an oven as the day wears on....



Next, he finished replacing all the brake lines on the old Windstar so he can put it up for sale. I will go out later with him and play at pushing the brake 'all the way down' so he can adjust the brake fluid.

Just before dinner preparations we set up this canopy so Bill can set out some of his garage stuff---> he is still struggling with his lack of space for all his junk, I mean treasures. The mower and atv are under there with a few assorted goodies!

Just before bed we heard funny noises over our heads and Bill smiles-he had left the ladder up to the attic and our curious cat, Bling, was up there investigating. It took quite a bit of coaxing to get him out because he has become a very southern cat and no one can 'rush' him anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a very productive day!

    The Bling escapade gave me a chuckle -- that is SO Bling! He is the epitome of curious cat...!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...