Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Around the House

The hurricane season hasn't brought any storms but it has brought a cooling of our 3 digit temps so that in the morning and evening we can open the window for these guys.  Nyki is instructing PuffDaddy about the sounds they are hearing.........
I finished the center portion of the jelly roll strip quilt.  I need to go to the fabric store for the borders and backing now!
My cardinal climber is blooming!  It is so delicate and pretty!  Thanks , Marsel, for the seeds!
I am knitting away on the Haruni shawl.....only one more repeat of this chart and I will be moving to the border.  The cats still highly favor the yarn and will nap on it the minute it is out of my hands. ( No stitches were lost in the filming of this picture!)
I saw a new pinwheel  dishcloth pattern on a friend's blog and she sent me this link.  It is a quick and easy variation of the one I do and I couldn't wait to give it a go.  I was using a half skein and ran out before the pattern was finished!  I ripped it out and reknit it with less stitches than the pattern called for but this time I had enough! I only cast on 15 stitches instead of 20, it is about 8" across.  This was a fun knit-thanks WoollyBits!
Doesn't this give a whole new meaning to the phrase, " Hanging out at the BBQ"?!  The cats appreciate the cooler temps, too, but mid-eighties and no humidity gives a perfect outdoor temperature to my way of thinking!

6 comments:

  1. I Love reading about your cats:) And I simply adore your quilt! The colors are perfect and the striping ladders seems so oraganic. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt and shawl are lovely! Also nice to see you settled back in to your cats and flowers, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the quilt - simple, fun to look at and easy to make. How are you planning to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puff Daddy! I love it. Yeah, Earl is supposed to suck up all the extra humidity and we should have nice weather for the next couple of days. After Hurricane Wilma a cold front thankfully moved in, which was awesome considering we were without power for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, 80s and no humidity sounds fantastic! :o) Your projects are beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is a beauty!! I love those colors together.

    I also love your first cat picture. The way they're sitting with their curled tails is really cool!

    I'm happy to say that the blog community has already given me some ideas about my double weave quandary. I'm impressed with how much thought people have given the idea long before I asked the question.

    Glad Earl is missing you and missing us!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...