Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wrapped in Love

Getting in lots of grandchildren time!
 Blocked the second shawl from TheWholeNineYarns, an excellent pattern, and left it drying while we were at the pool!  Love how quickly things dry here in the southern sunshine!  I am going to give this one to the friend who gave me the fiber which I spun for this yarn!  Nice to complete the circle.
 Mindy approved the new shawl-fun to see that cats react the same way to a knitted object on the floor!
I did it just for her, right?!
And of course, a new shawl went straight onto the needles!  Hand spun Peru roving from KnitPicks, dyed with my own concoction of Jacquard dyes-very emerald like in person!  The pattern I am using is a free one from Knitty called Bitterroot.

4 comments:

  1. Neil used to hold down my blocked items so they wouldn't escape, too.

    What lovely shawls. You have lucky friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you are productive right now - esp. with shawls. and of course it must be for Mindy - it fits her colouring perfectly:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shawl.

    Cats don't even care if the yarn is wet!

    Enjoy your family time, especially the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how Mindy matches the shawl so well, willsave you from a re-wash due to fur. I don't know how you are doing all these lace shawls so quickly. I have cast on three different shawl with the alpaca laceweight I have & it just forces me to say hateful things to pretty yarn and throw it in naughty basket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...