Thursday, February 23, 2012

Blooming

 The azaleas are really making their presence known!
 Even the bees are coming out to enjoy them!
 This is under my magnolia tree, coming up the driveway.
 The bromiliad clump is in bloom, too.  (Bill suspended it in the old bark of a palm tree-they don't need soil, only water!)
The dogwood is beginning to lose its bloom as the leaves come out.
It is looking like Spring on the inside, too; the orchid is doing its thing-the blooms are larger and hardier looking this year-the plant is larger so maybe that is why.  I love to wake up to these blooms!

4 comments:

  1. the azaleas and the orchid are beautiful. We finally got summer this week - pity autumn starts on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait for our spring flowers to do their thing. I did not know that Bromliads only needed soil. That is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get homesick when I see azaleas and dogwood :( We're looking at a couple of houses in Eustis...wish me luck :) I want to come home, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...