Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Sewing Room

 Today was the day to finish Mom's wall hanging.
 Now it is ready to go back to her for the binding!
 The colors play nicely together!
 I dug out a pile of fat quarters and a pattern for windmill blocks and gave it a try.  After a few tweaks on my sewing machine-the preset 1/4" stitching is too wide and the blocks were coming out too small-gratefully, they allow for the blocks to be trimmed down to their final size and I was able to make the proper adjustments to get the other blocks to come out the right size.  This is going to be a fun quilt!  (I am working the bugs out first and now Mom and I will be working on this together this coming week!)
 My faithful feline fellow, PuffDaddy!
During the week, Mom and I each made a quilt for QuiltsForKids.com and so I loaded them on the frame today and finished Mom's and have several rows done on mine-nice, bright fun fabrics!

4 comments:

  1. They all look great - I can't wait till I am competent enough to quilt a whole quilt oin one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how the quilting transformed the individual blocks on Grandma's wallhanging into one unified piece. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh, I doubt I'll ever be competent enough for that! but the colours are great, really fizzy, esp. the two in the bottom pic. I am sure some kids will love them to bits! the water beads are interesting - I wonder if they stay in this colour or if it goes ugly after a while, just like water does after a week or so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, was the box put up there for the cat, or did he commandeer one that was there?

    I like the bright kids' quilts. They will make some kids happy to have them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...