I added the last of the whole tiles to the chimney face. I started working very early because it was a steamy 97 feel like temp already!
Bill will help me cut the partial tiles early this week!
Since I was on a 'mosaic' mode, I pulled out a treasure of a plate to use on another stepping stone. This is from my Mom, it was the only one left of I believe my great grandmother's and she gave it to me to use!
Here is a pic of the back for anyone interested.
I put it in a baggie and did some gentle and specific breaks and then laid it out on the stone.
I added some other old pieces and voila! I will have to let it dry for 24 hours then I can add the grout.
I moved into the studio for some sewing and added the sashing to the butterfly blocks.
Ahh, sometimes sashing really sets off a design!
It still needs just the right border fabric....
I have quite a few quilt tops backed up on the quilting frame pile....I took forever to decide what to do with the hexagon quilt and the first thing I tried turned into a complete bust.
Ripping out is not a ton of fun but I had to knuckle down and do it.
I am having a terrible time with my vision and this really tested my coordination.
I would work on it and then take a break, work some more, etc until it was all done.
I'm so glad I did because the new work with new thread and a better idea was much happier.
Now to work out the central design....