Tuesday, July 5, 2016

TDF2016-DAY 4

First bobbin plied with the Gulf Native Sheep fiber. 
Lovely first skein. 
The skein is a fingering weight right now but I have a feeling that when I wash the skein to set the twist it will fluff up to a sport weight.
We shall see.
I had thought to make some socks out of this, now I am not sure.
I won't wear this color for a cowl or hat so I probably should make socks! 
Two skeins of this fiber completed.  I ended up with 9.2 oz and 653 yards of yarn!
More than enough for several pairs of socks! 
This is 4oz of a medium wool of unknown breed.  I spun it very fine so it took a bit longer but an enjoyable worsted spin.
Another bobbin next!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats for the finish! That is a very pretty pink. Gulf does make lovely springy socks. Some of my faves are made of Gulf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are VERY pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you I enjoy the Tour de France even more now that I know it means all many of the Fiber friends are off to tour de fleece. ha! I love the colors of your spinning and I definitely think they will make lovely socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I especially love the color of the one on the bottom. Congrats on your new yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I especially love the color of the one on the bottom. Congrats on your new yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. The fuschia color spun is gorgeous ! What fun socks to make. I heard the TOUR on tv as fireman had it on when I came down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...