Monday, April 14, 2008

Batik Queen Posing

Here it is! I am thrilled with the outcome. I did wash it today and give it the old look that is my trademark. The cats helped me hang it and did their best to mess up the pictures-the wind 'helped', too but I perservered! In case you haven't noticed , I am thrilled with my Mega Quilter and Inspira frame-I would never have been able to qult so elaborately if I didn't have it.

I bought this kit when we had first moved here, and it just spoke Florida to me-now with the palm tree, it really does!

Here is a close-up of the back-Since the machine only has a 6" design space, this pattern of the trees is used twice across each 12" row of blocks. The borders have a curved design to symbolize the ocean waves.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! It is GORGEOUS, and you're right, the border fabric looks like it was custom-dyed for the quilt. It gives me a smile to know that a little piece of Georgia found its way into the Florida quilt! :)

    Can't wait to see it in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went from the photo op right to the suitcase!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...