Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Little Northern Visit


Had a great time in GA visiting daughter and her family! David turned six! It was nice to enjoy being with both the kids for their birthdays this year! Marsel and I were able to sew, knit, read and laugh and watch some Agatha Christie on pbs...a really great week. Bill recouperated and did yardwork, car repairs, shopping/lunch with David and even did some electrical and plumbing repairs-a very productive dad!
We conquered most of the mother/daughter dresses -they just need to be hemmed. We both sewed at the same time using serger and sewing machine and ironing station in rotation-it went well and it is so nice to have a useful designated sewing area in her room now. Yes, even though I have been sewing for 40 years, unsewing is still part of the whole package-I won the 'unsewed- the- most' award on Monday! Marsel was glad to witness the event!

I also did a few of these in the evening watching some Miss Marple....dishcloths with palm trees-




I didn't dye this batch of yarn-the other green became white as soon as it was washed-will have to figure out where I went wrong on that because the rose color I did the same way turned out fine...........well, obviously not exactly the same way or the green would have been fine, too! (I had bought this sugar 'n cream cotton yarn last month when my mom was in FL, I told here I finally knit it up and we had a good laugh cuz she hadn't touched her skein either until Friday night when I started mine, too--we had a moment of connection!)

The weather while we were in GA was very similar to FL just a bit cooler during the day 80 degrees but the nights were a lotta bit cooler-40's--this is where they really feel the influence of their mountains!

Bill and I and the cats are grateful to be home after such a good visit.............tomorrow, the garden and house will get our attention!

3 comments:

  1. Miss you both, but thanks for a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be a palm tree theme happening at the moment! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had someone to match clothes with. Maybe Finn... can you imagine what Bob would say? hehe. Sounds like fun, mother and daughter sewing mother daughter outfits together. You're both very blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...