Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Old Quilt-New Finish


This is the grey quilt I pieced quite a few monts ago. I finally finished the quilting on it-tossed it into the wash/dryer and it is an instant heirloom! The quilt blocks were made by someone else, I purchased them about 15 years ago when visiting in FL, the grey fabric is from my childhood-curtain in my room so this really is old already! I had sewn and bound this quilt with just stitch- in-the-ditch quilting but I experimented and loaded it on the frame even tho it was no longer layers and it worked just fine! I learned that it is hard to sew a straight line-curves are much easier but it was good practice and I am so happy with the results.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...