Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quilting Bee Results


Both of the quilts Mom and I have worked on at the quilting bee are finished-it has been all that a quilting bee is supposed to be-good conversation, great fun and worthwhile fruit of your labors when finished!



This is the baby boy's quilt is a bow tie pattern and its close-up of the hand quilting....
Here is the girl's quilt , a dresden plate.......
And the close-up of the hand quilting...




Both quilts measure about 42" x 50"-good sized crib blankets! All the ladies who made it and quilted it are going and gone back up north-all were snowbirds but Millie (my neighbor with the goats) and myself-see you all next winter ladies!

BTW, Dad and Mom made it safely to NY-they called this afternoon.

4 comments:

  1. Loved your quilts. Glad to hear your Mom and Dad are safely back in NY. What was the name of the rabbit that you made for Abigal's quilt-I'm having a senior moment and can't remember. Sharon Dix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that Dresden Plate especially...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon--Abigail's quilt was made with Beatrix Potter characters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts!

    Yes, my parents and I have a pact to call when we reach home safely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...