Friday, June 27, 2008

Day One

Bruce, Marsel and kids arrived late last night for a weeks vacation. B and M are celebrating their 10th anniversary and heading off for 5 days on their own down in Clearwater; Bill and I get to keep the kids for them! We went to the beach, of course..............where the waves were perfect and the temperature just beckoned us! Even Abigail who seemed a bit intimidated at first jumped right in and her and Grandma just wave jumped for an hour! Grandpa and David were out a bit further and even tried some body surfing.......couldn't ask for more perfect conditions.


Next we took the boat ride on to the nearby Matanzas Fort and explored the grounds. It was full circle for Bill and I cuz we walked our own children here not so many years ago! In fact, I have a picture just like this of their mom with her brothers!














We all climbed onto the roof for some exploration......these guys are game for anything!


We had another climb after our tour, on the 'family tree' in the park..........a very majestic live oak that has held 25 years of our own children and friends and nieces and nephews..........

home for bath, books and bed------can't beat this for a first day!
PS...........


What?! Who has time to knit with the grandkids here? I do...........it was an hour there and back-so let us not waste car time! Of course, we sang B I B L E and Christmas Carols but my lips work, too, while the hands are knitting! More on my shawl later.............




1 comment:

  1. Who are those very adorable kids?! :)

    Thanks again... we are having a wonderful time made moreso because we know the kids are having a blast, too, even without us!

    Love to all...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

SUNSHINE!

The Heliopsis is in bloom again and has many buds ready to continue the beauty for most of the summer! But I had to reach quite high to get ...