Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Just Waiting!

While waiting for company to arrive............in a few days; I am entertaining/distracting myself with odd projects. I ripped out an old sweater that was beautiful but I ran out of yarn (it was the first wool to spin which I bought to make a sweater out of and didn't purchase enough) but as WoolEnough reminded me, you don't have to waste yarn! I ripped out the old fronts, back and one sleeve, reskeined and washed the wool and hung it out to dry! All ready for a less dense sweater than the fisherman knit one that it almost got to be!
Started a little project with some scrap yarn........a free pattern from the JoAnn Fabric Store site.
I started a new project 'cuz I finished David's sweater!

I am on the last 2 hours of Millie's quilt..........I am watching the last spool of thread cautiously!

This is on the design wall........it will be a gift. The first one I pieced so quickly that I knew it was going to have to be made again and I have even ordered some more Scripture panels to make 2 more. This is a great project to use up scraps on hand but I did have to purchase yardage for the backing which will result in some more seed remnant!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are a busy girl! Multi taking & all! To rip out an entire project! Yikes! As bad as me having to undo hours of quilting, but happy I did it in the end.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...