Thursday, November 20, 2008

It is Florida Cold!



This is how Bill protected the banana tree from frost last night-it is a string of Christmas lights! It is fine this morning so it worked!


Bill had to get up several times in the night to run the sprinkler on the garden so that it wouldn't get any damage from the frost ! It also looks okay --so I think it was a good idea he got up to tend it! Though I did miss the fall he took in the dark........drat!

It hit 32 degrees for several hours......already up to 62 so we will recover from the nippies soon enough. Caleb (2 hours north of us) has had frost every morning this week; Matthew at 1 1/2 hours south) only yesterday and today. It is unusual for us this time of year to have cold so soon in the year!

3 comments:

  1. Makes you long for a real NY snow, right?! :)

    Glad the vegetation made it through the night. Ask Dad to be a little more considerate next time and wake you up before he launches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why are they talking about global warming? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...