I finished the Slice of Autumn/Spring shawl with the tricolored yarn-I have hit on a great dyeing idea, I think!
This is the shawl pattern by Kay Meadors, I only changed the garter stitch rows to stockinette but the rest is knit as written and I used only 230 yards of my hand spun superwash yarn. This is the shawl unblocked.
And here it is in all its glory! It is just spectacular. (52" x 22", not counting the wing tips for length at center) I am so pleased with the results that I immediately.....
......cast on the same shawl in the other colorway I dyed! Happy Knitting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...



Lovely. How do you get such long colour repeats with your dyeing?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous -- the dying style you used looks stunning!
ReplyDeleteSo, what dod you do with all the shawls you knit? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, I agree that you have hit upon a good thing while dyeing. Those are some awesome colorways.
that really looks like a slice of fruit:)) lovely colours and pattern, no wonder, that you started the next one right away!
ReplyDeleteYou get so much done so quickly, Did you give up sleeping? Ha Love you, Mom
ReplyDelete