I love trying new stitches out for a dish cloth-it's a great size to learn on and you have something useful when you are finished! These are done in the Brioche stitch. I worked on this last year but I did two color in moving stitches and didn't know how to do it with just one yarn. It was a good refresher especially as I am still so lumpy after the flu-it sure drained me of my usual gumption!
The stitch might look like ribbing but it is ribbing on steroids! The ridges and valleys are higher/deeper and the thickness is double what k1p1 ribbing would be. A very good stitch to have in your repertoire! I have the yarn and a pattern for a single color Brioche hat soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAT ENHANCEMENT!!!
I bought a newly released knitting machine that is electric--it cranks on its own and even makes however number of rows I program and stops ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Using learning pieces for dish cloths... I love it. Great idea
ReplyDeleteVery nice indeed. Dish cloths are ideal for learning new stitches and techniques, that's why my first shadow knitting piece will be about that size!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that you are still not feeling like yourself.
Very interesting texture. Is that our usual cotton dishcloth yarn?
ReplyDeleteIt looks like ribbing, but it doesn't seem to "fold up" like ribbing. Is it stretchy or would it be okay for the main part of a sweater?
ReplyDeleteIs it reversible?
ReplyDeleteSorry you are still pulled down by that flu.