I tackled the making of yarn today! Plying the two bobbins of singles spins together much more quickly. The new anti-inflammatory meds gave me some relief today, too. Ahhhh, what nice words to type-r e l i e f. Not eradication of pain but a reduction and that is a wonderful improvement!
I have half of the Alpaca wound off now into a 450 yard skein of fingering weight yarn.
I take it off the niddy noddy, admire it and then pop it into the wash basin!
This removes the last of the dirt and such from the animal and sets the twist so it is a perfectly beautiful skein of yarn!
See what I mean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PIVOT OVERLOAD!
I did manage to applique all of the blocks yesterday-- I use a small (2.0mm) zig zag with invisible thread to secure all of the raw edges. ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Yay! It's a spectacular finish!
ReplyDeleteback from my trip home - in time to admire your yarn again:) I've never seen any wool change so much in the wash the way alpaca does! the most amazing change happened with black suri alpaca. I wasn't sure if I should bother spinning the grey dusty fibres at all - and to my amazement the skein turned out deep black, silky and shiny! what are your plans for the lovely lace yarn?
ReplyDeleteThrilled for the relief you are experiencing! Every little bit is precious.
ReplyDeleteThe yarn is pretty, although pictures of yarn always make me want to be able to feel it, too.:)
Oh, how beautiful! Are you going to dye it or leave it natural?
ReplyDeleteThat silvery alpaca is sterling value. YOu do such beautiful work!
ReplyDelete